SAPDO Email - Disclaimer
E-mails and their attachments (collectively referred to for convenience as “e-mail”) are intended for the named recipient/s ONLY. This includes those persons sent copies.
If you are not the named recipient (or their authorised representative) or a recipient of a copy of the e-mail, or have otherwise received the e-mail in error:
- Kindly notify the sender (as specified in the e-mail) by using the contact details contained therein. You are requested to do so using e-mail if possible, and if not, then by means of the quickest way possible (telephone or fax). You must delete this message once you have notified the sender
- You may not forward, copy or otherwise transmit or disseminate the e-mail or any of the contents thereof to any person other than the named sender or an employee of "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" Internal Audit or IT Department
- You may not print, save or store the e-mail or any of the contents therein in an electronic or physical form
E-mails and their contents are confidential, unless specifically stated or unless this is manifestly clear from the context (including, by way of example, press releases and other official statements, issued by way of e-mail). If you are not certain of whether the e-mail is confidential, please contact the sender to ascertain its confidentiality status.
In addition, e-mails may be logged for archival purposes and may be reviewed by parties at "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" who are other than those named in the message header.
Contracts, offers, warranties and representations
E-mails do not necessarily constitute an official representation of "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" unless this is specifically stated or clearly and objectively ascertainable from the contents of the e-mail itself.
E-mails from "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" do not, as a rule contain warranties, representations or offers. You accordingly cannot rely on any purported warranty, representation or offer unless this is explicitly stated in the e-mail and said e-mail has been sent by an employee or representative of "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" who is duly authorised to give warranties or make representations or offers on behalf of "The SA Pro Darts Organisation".
Notwithstanding the above statement, "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" is entitled to rely on the contents of any e-mail sent to it (including warranties, representations or offers) unless otherwise provided.
All contracts formed through e-mail electronic offer and acceptance must be formalised and confirmed through paper documents within two weeks of conclusion.
The use of scanned versions of hand-rendered signatures to give the impression that an e-mail has been “signed” by the sender, is not permitted by "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" and the inclusion of such a “signature” is of no additional force or effect.
While "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" does its best to prevent loss or damage to third party systems, it cannot be held liable for any loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious codes in an e-mail, corruption of data or any “denial of service” or similar exploit caused by a virus or malicious code.
Electronic Communications Policy
SAPDO staff (including consultants) are subject to policies that prohibit:
- the obscuring, suppressing, or replacing of another user’s identity on an e-mail
- the use of "The SA Pro Darts Organisation's" computer and communications systems for the exercise of the worker’s right to free speech
- sexual, religious, political and racial harassment
- profane, obscene, offensive, derogatory or defamatory remarks
- otherwise unlawful communication via e-mail
Accordingly, any message breaching these provisions is sent in that person’s personal capacity and "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" is not liable for such messages. "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" will take appropriate disciplinary action against any person/s breaching these provisions, and you can report any such breach to
Transmission and receipt
In accordance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, an e-mail is only deemed to be received by "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" once this is confirmed to you orally or in writing and e-mail is deemed to have been sent by "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" or its workers as soon as this is reflected in "The SA Pro Darts Organisation’s" mail server logs.
Blocking and/or delaying of e-mail
"The SA Pro Darts Organisation's" e-mail system needs to be used appropriately in order to be as efficient as possible. The following guidelines apply for its usage and provide possible reasons why e-mails are sometimes blocked or delayed.
- Between 06:00 and 18:00 emails less than 1 MB in size (including attachments) are delivered. E-mails larger than 1 MB are delayed until after 18:00, Monday to Friday.
- Between 18:00 and 06:00, e-mails less than 10MB in size (including attachments) are delivered.
- Incoming e-mails, larger than 10 MB are deleted without a notification to the sender.
- The following file types are, by default, deemed non-work related and are not permitted using the e-mail system:
- Screen saver files (e.g. *.scr)
- PowerPoint Shows (e.g. *.pps)
- Movie Files (e.g. *.avi, *.mpg, *.mov, *.wmv)
- Music Files (e.g. *.mp3, *.mp4, *.wma)
- Imaging Files (e.g. *.iso, *.neo, *.gho)
- Application files (e.g. *.exe, *.swf, *.bat, *.com, *.jav; *.vbs)
- Database files (e.g. *.dat, *.mdb,)
- The following types of e-mail are not accepted by SAPDO's e-mail system
- Malware or viruses
- Defamatory, profane, offensive and gender discriminatory messages
- Racist, sexist and obscene remarks
- External users wishing to send large files over the 10 MB limit must provide an FTP link or copy the data to CD, DVD or memory stick and send it to the user by other means.
Details about "The SA Pro Darts Organisation" and its management can be found at http://www.sapdo.org.za/about-us/management You can contact the IS&T Service Desk on +2772 450 4573 or email:
should you have any queries concerning this disclaimer.